Where squadrons do not have sufficient numbers to compete in their own right, Squadrons may combine up to a maximum of three. Squadrons who combine are not allowed to field members in any other competing Junior Section.
All members competing must be under the age of 12 as at 23 September 2018.
Squadrons may enter two junior sections. If a Squadron is entering two junior sections they must meet the following conditions.
Extra Conditions for Squadrons Entering Two Junior Sections:
- No member may compete in more than one junior section.
- Both junior sections from the squadron must present themselves at the same time to the competition marshal/s.
- The total number of junior sections that a Squadron intends to enter must be placed on the Field Competitions Entry Form (Form A).
Total Number: 6 including NCO in charge. Junior Sections must have the full complement of 6 otherwise they are deemed to be non-competitive.
NCO in Charge: Highest Rank permissible is Corporal.
Section Members: Must have 5 Cadets or Leading Cadets and no Corporals in the section. If Leading Cadets are present in the section, a Leading Cadet must be the marker. No section member can out rank the NCO in charge.
Junior Section Drill Diagram
The following describes the orders and diagram to be used for the Junior Section Drill Competition. This information is in line with of the Australian Air League Manual, Section 12.
Link to Printable Diagram Page: Section Drill Diagram 8
Fall in Orders
- Section, On Parade
- Marker, Fall In
- Marker, Stand at Ease
- Section, Fall In
- Section, Attention
- Section, Number
- Section, Right Dress
- No. ##, Move forward/Move to the rear, Steady
- Section, Steady
- Section, Eyes Front
Diagram 8 Orders
- A Section, Slow March
- B Section, Into Quick Time, Quick March
- C Section, Change Direction Left, Left Wheel
- D Section, Change Direction Left, Left Wheel
- E Section, Incline to the Left, Left Incline
- F Section, Incline to the Right, Right Incline
- G Section, Change Direction Left, Left Wheel
- H Section, Halt
Diagram 8 – Section
Note: not to scale